Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I get for my entry fee?
Santa Hat Hustle, 5K & Merry 1 Mile participants receive a Santa Hat, Medal, Long Sleeve Tech Shirt. Tech shirts are guaranteed if registered before 12/02/16. We have ordered extra shirts for late registrants with our best guess on sizes so those that register after 12/02/15 will be subject size availability. Runners/Walkers will have an official timing chip attached to their bib. All Finishers are invited to the post-event warm-up party for snacks, refreshment and celebration. Top Finisher Awards for male and female runners and age groups for the 5K Run/Walk.
- How can I sign up for the events?
Online right here on this website on the registration page.
- What are the age limits for the races?
There are no age limits. We encourage participants of all ages to be a Santa Hat Hustler!
- Are the race events walker friendly?
Yes, participants can walk the 5K course or walk the Merry 1 Mile. If you plan to walk the course, we do require that you line-up at the back of the race corral so as not to impede the runners.
- Where can I find the course and festival maps?
Click Here for 5K Certified Map
- Are there refunds if I cannot attend? Can someone else run with my bib #?
NO REFUNDS; ONLY TRANSFERS ALLOWED TO ANOTHER PERSON BEFORE 12/09/16.
- Are baby joggers or strollers or pet dogs allowed during the race?
Yes- if you choose to run with a baby jogger or a pet dog, you must start in the back of all runners. It is your responsibility to make sure the baby jogger or pet dog does not impede other runners as well as you must take extra precaution as to your safety, your child's safety and the safety of the runners around you. We reserve the right to pull any person from the race who is endangering other runners or themselves. Don't forget to decorate your stroller -- you could be the big winner for best decorated stroller or baby jogger!
- Are Headphones allowed during the race?
Yes- headphones are allowed however, we do recommend that runners use extreme precaution when using headphones during the race event for safety reasons.
- When is the last day to register?
With our new online registration parter you can register online up until the day of the run. On-site registration will also be available Saturday, December 10th before the event. (See #10)
- How will I receive my race packet?
You must pick up your race packet (which includes the official race bib to wear) before your scheduled event.
We will not mail race packets.You may register after online registration closes using on-site registration & packet pickup on Friday Night 12/09/16 beginning at 3:00pm at Road Runners Sports West Bloomfield!
- Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
- When & Where is Packet Pick Up?
Friday, December 9th - 3pm-7pm
Road Runner Sports West Bloomfield
4297 Orchard Lake Rd #210
West Bloomfield Township, MI (248) 855-1160
Google Map to Road Runner Bloomfield
Saturday, December 10th - Starting at 6:30am
Hazel Park High School
23400 Hughes Ave
Hazel Park, MI 48030
- Can I register on race day?
Yes, there is On-site registration on race day from 6:30am-Race Time
- Do you accept credit cards for registration on race day?
Yes, On-site registration will accept cash and credit cards.
- Will there be fluid aid water stations?
Yes, there will be FLUID AID WATER STATIONS on the 5K and 1 Mile Walk events. Also water provided at the Start & Finish areas. The FIRST AID EMERGENCY station is located at Start/Finish line area and course marshals are located on all three courses.
- Will there be Restrooms & Porta-Johns available?
Yes, there are ample facilites near the start/finish line
- Where are Start/Finish lines and the event start times?
Start and Finish lines will be at Hazel Park High School and the 1 Mile Run will begin at 8:00am, the 5K Run will be begin at 8:20am and the 1/4 Miles Kid Run will begin at 9:30am. All races will have the same start and finish line.
- B-Tag chip timing?
Only need to wear Race Bib on your shirt front (chip is in the bib).
- Are there Age Group Awards?
Age group awards: M/F, top finisher per 10-year age group increments. Please check out the details on the Event Info Page.
- Is there an admission fee for the Post-Event Party?
There is no general admission fee - Please be our guest!
- Where is the Post-Event?
In the Cafeteria of Hazel Park High School
- Where can I change clothes after my run or walk?
The available restrooms inside Hazel Park High School
- Where is Parking for the event
Parking is available at the Hazel Park Raceway! Please see map for the exact lot for parking.